Thursday, March 11, 2010

Special Olympics

When Ty turned 8 he was allowed to participate in Special Olympics. He loves being part of a team so this has been great for him. His first competition was "basketball skills". They had a parade of athletes and an opening ceremony. It was really hard to control my emotions as I was looking around and realizing that this is our life...! He had a great time and we are all very proud of him.
Parade of Athlete's
Opening Ceremonies...passing the torch
Waiting to get started
We got lots of thumbs up's the whole day!




Getting his bronze medal was the best! He was so proud of himself, he ran out there like he owned the place.

"Let me win, but if I cannot win, let me be brave in the attempt."

1 comment:

  1. You are an amazing woman, Sherlyn! I admire you and your family so much. Ty is an amazing spririt and I love seeing such fun pictures of him!! See you next week-camping!

    ReplyDelete